Chassis number : B.2294
Engine Number : OG12-C709
Colour : Indigo Blue
This car was delivered new to Wellington, New Zealand in
December 1970 to Mr John Latter at a cost of 1216/17 pounds.
The car was custom built to an order dated 19th March 1970.
The selling agent was Basil Roy LTD 161 Great Portland Street, London.
The order shows the extent of the original fittings still
on the car to this day. The basic cost of the Morgan 4/4 was 950 pounds.
The extras, listed below, took to the purchase price to 1095/4/6 pounds
plus Purchase Tax of 21/3/6 pounds, freight and insurance 11/9 pounds,
totalling 1216/17 pounds.
- 72 Spoke Wheels
- Lap & Diagonal Seat Belts
- Full Rear Bumper
- Air Cleaner
- Tonneau Cover
- Luggage Carrier
- Bonnet Strap
- Badge Bar & LR Lamp
- Natural Leather Upholstery
The car was shipped on the "Port Lincoln" on the 25th November 1970
through shipping agents Houlder Brothers packed in a crate and polystyrene,
at a cost of 100/90 pounds.
An interesting note is, the Ford Kent Engine was supplied to Morgan
as a Ford Industrial Engine as described within a Ford Industrial Engine
Registration dated 30 September 1970.
Due to a work transfer in 1975 John sold the car to Dorothy Williams.
It passed to her son, Jeff Williams, also in Wellington New Zealand,
from whom we purchased it in November 2000.
After some research we discovered a Dr John Latter had retired to
Bagara Beach here in Queensland. Being that he is an ex-Kiwi we followed
this lead and confirmed this was the original owner of our Morgan 4/4.
We made contact and reintroduced him to his car in 2002. John, his wife
and grown daughter again drove the Morgan -
a great moment in our motoring life!